New trojan emails will never cease. I’ll just summarise these new spam emails below. The deal’s always the same, some story and/or photo to get you interested enough to click on a link, download some malicious code or to type in some personal details into a stranger’s web site.
So delete unsolicited emails featuring the following:
- A pixelated photo of Angelina Jolie, promising to show you a video of her
- A notification from UPS about an undelivered parcel
- As above (UPS) but in German
- You won the Beijing 2008 Olympics Lotto (something that you didn’t enter and that doesn’t even exist). It promises US$500,000 if you provide enough personal banking details.
- "‘Roswell’ Victims Spill Beans on the Beijing Olympics" (the subject doesn’t even make sense)