Some messages are being sent on Twitter right now that are part of a worm. If you receive one of the following Twitter messages ignore it and don’t click on the link.
- I love www.stalkdaily.com
- wow… www.stalkdaily.com
- Join www.stalkdaily.com everyone!
- Hey everyone, join www.stalkdaily.com. It’s a test site like Twitter but with pictures, videos, and so much more! 🙂
- Woooo, www.stalkdaily.com 🙂
- Virus? What? www.stalkdaily.com is legit!
- Dude, www.stalkdaily.com is awesome. What’s the fuss?
If you click on the link some code runs in the background that sends the same messages but from your own Twitter account.
Is it harmful? No, it was a publicity stunt by a site called StalkDaily. This is what a worm is, something that spreads through the internet similar to a virus but without infecting files. It’s still not a good thing to have around.
In this case it’s harmless but it could have been harmful. By the time you click the damage could have been done.